1 Work Experience
Dr. Mukesh is a CPSP certified consultant Psychiatrist at Spring Clinic/ Institute of Psychiatry, Multan. He received his Doctor of Medicine from Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences (LUMHS) in 2004. In 2007 he started his residency training in Psychiatry at Aga Khan University (AKU). Following his residency he worked as Consultant Psychiatrist at Dept. of Psychiatry AKU and later he was appointed as Coordinator Residency Program till 2013 then he moved to Saudi Arabia and worked as a Psychiatrist at Dept. of psychiatry King Saud University, Riyadh till December, 2017. Since 1st January 2018 he served as consultant Psychiatrist at Pakistan Kidney and Liver Institute & Research center, Lahore, and worked there till February, 2019. He is particularly interested in Mood Disorder, Liaison Psychiatry & Addiction Psychiatry.
2 Area of Interest
- Mood Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Medical Research
3 Area of Expertise
General Adult & Liaison Psychiatry, Substance abuse, Medical research
4 Research Publication
- Bhimani M, Khan F, Arfeen T, Khan RAM. Vitamin D status in psychiatric patients in Karachi, Pakistan: a retrospective case notes review. RMJ. (2015), [cited September 15, 2015]; 40(3):266-26
- Ahmer S, Bhimani M, Naeem F, Farooq S, Irfan M. Psychiatric rating scales in Urdu. J Pak Psych Soc Suppl 2010;7(2):S1-20.
- Bhimani M, M.M Khan, Khan F, Waris S. Respiratory dyskinesia-an under-recognized side-effect of neuroleptic medications”. JPMA, September 2011,Vol 61, No. 9, Page 930-932
- Bhimani M. Are psychiatric patients safe in psychiatric wards? JPMA 2010; Vol. 60, No. 6, June 2010
- Bhimani M. Vitamin D: Does it Play a Role in Psychiatry? JPMA Issue Vol:62, No:2 February, 2012
- Khan F, Arfeen T, Bhimani M, Nadeem T. Pattern of child psychiatric emergencies and consults in a tertiary care hospital, karachi. Journal of Pakistan Psychiatric Society. 2014;11(1):21-23
- Khan F, Bhimani M, Arfeen T. Pediatric Bipolar Disorder-An Orphan Diagnosis. JDUHS 2012; 6(1):36-38
- Ahmer S, Khan F, Bhimani M. Psychiatric presentations of sexual dysfunction in Pakistan. Journal of Pakistan Psychiatric Society 2010;7(1):18-22
2007-2011 at Aga Khan University, Karachi.
Fellow at College of Physicians & Surgeons of Pakistan (CPSP).